Homeowners often come to us with concerns about uneven temperatures throughout their home. This is because most air conditioning systems have either a single thermostat controlling the entire house, or one thermostat for each floor in your home. As a result, different floors and rooms will heat and cool at different rates. This leaves you feeling uncomfortable with the indoor temperatures. Enter: ductless air conditioners.
These systems are the perfect solution to many cooling problems. A ductless air conditioner could be a good option for you if you have an older home. With these efficient units, you don’t have the cost and disruption of adding additional ductwork.
Similarly, if you’re building an addition to your home or business, or you’re finishing a garage, three-season room or shed, ductless air conditioners is our recommended option. What are Ductless Air Conditioners
Ductless air conditioners, also commonly referred to as mini-split systems, do not require ductwork for installation like traditional HVAC units. Instead, ductless air conditioners are comprised of an indoor air-handling unit and an exterior condenser or compressor.
There are refrigerant lines running between the two units. One of the lines delivers energy, while the other removes condensate. The system uses much less energy than central air systems, resulting in much lower monthly costs.
Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioners
- Even distribution of air: a ductless AC unit distributes air evenly and efficiently, leaving you with more comfortable temperatures throughout your home.
- Easy installation: ductless air conditioners don’t require additional ductwork, making them much easier to install in just a few days. Installation is less expensive and less disruptive for the homeowner.
- Cleaning the air: ductless systems contain air purifying filters to collect germs, pollen, dust and other allergens. The air circulating throughout your home or office will be cleaner and healthier.
- Saving money: ductless air conditioners are almost always a cheaper option than central air, cooling your home at a fraction of the cost.
- Smaller and easier to place: ductless AC units are smaller than central air units, which means you can be more flexible when placing them throughout your home.
- More aesthetically pleasing: because ductless AC units are smaller than other units, especially window units, they tend to be sleeker in appearance and easily blend in with your furnishings. They can often be hung on a wall or mounted onto the ceiling.
- Better for the environment: ductless air conditioners are more energy efficient, and they can greatly reduce your home’s carbon footprint. Because there are multiple units throughout your home, you can save energy by only cooling areas being used.
- Silent worker: because most of the components of ductless air conditioners are housed outside, they operate silently. Unlike traditional units which often distract you from working or relaxing at home, you most likely won’t even realize when your ductless air conditioner is on or off.
Custom Klimates – Leaders in Ductless Air Conditioners
If you’re interested in learning more about ductless air conditioners, don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule a service appointment! We’d love to help you figure out the best option for your home and your specific needs. Ask us about financing if expenses are a concern.