Choosing an HVAC contractor and having HVAC work done to your home can be overwhelming and stressful! It doesn’t need to be, though! Sometimes the large amount of information available online regarding air conditioner installation can make things confusing. If you’ve chosen a professional Canton, GA HVAC company and are getting a new air conditioner installed, here are some questions you can ask your HVAC technician to help simplify the process for you!
1. Which type of system should I choose? There are so many types of air conditioner systems available to you as a homeowner. A great air conditioner technician will carefully evaluate your home and your needs. This will help them guide you in your decision to choose the best unit for your home. Your contractor should be able to answer all of your questions about mini-split systems, central AC, or heat pumps.
2. What size unit is best for me? Air conditioner units come in all different sizes. Determining the correct size that your home needs is important. Having a unit that is either undersized or oversized can lead to excessive utility bills or a home that is either too cool or not cool enough. Through a home evaluation, your contractor should be able to guide you in choosing the right sized unit.
3. Will anything else need to be done to my home in order to install my new unit? The air conditioner system is just one component of your home’s heating and cooling system. Other components include the ductwork, the thermostat, and the air handler. Sometimes when installing a new ac unit, other components may need to be repaired or replaced. Check with your technician prior to having your unit installed to make sure there won’t be any hidden surprises.
4. What is a SEER rating and why is it important? SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The higher the rating, the more efficient the system is. All systems must have a SEER rating of at least 13, but SEER ratings go all the way up to 23. Having a more efficient unit can mean big savings on your utility bills. Typically, units with a higher SEER rating are more expensive to purchase up front, but you can quickly make your money back on the energy savings.
5. What’s the warranty like? Even new air conditioner units can break! Sometimes faulty parts are to blame. It is important when choosing a new unit to look at the manufacturer warranty to find out what’s covered and for how long. In case you get a unit with faulty parts, having a warranty can save you big bucks.
Contact Custom Klimates for to request a service call or to learn more about our indoor climate solutions or Cor’ Home Automation. We offer the recommendations, services, and products you need to better protect your comfort, budget, and the air quality in your home. With over forty years of proven experience in Canton, Woodstock, Cartersville & Alpharetta, GA, the HVAC technicians at Custom Klimates are your trusted source for quality heating and Air Conditioning solutions.