Running your air conditioner at frigid temperatures isn’t the only way to stay cool this summer. Spending time at the pool is a great way to stay cool without breaking the bank. Hanging out at the pool can also keep your kids active during the summer and stave off boredom. Hanging out at the pool is always a family favorite and is also a great pastime for all members of your family no matter how old they are. We are here to help you stay cool in Cherokee County, GA.
Stay Cool Cherokee County
Although spending time at the pool is the perfect family-friendly summer activity, it does come with certain risks. Nearly 400 children drown each year in the United States, and 58% of those drownings occur in pools. This is a scary statistic, but it shouldn’t keep you from soaking up some sun and enjoying your family poolside this summer!
Cooling off Tips
Today we’re bringing you some pool safety tips that can help keep you and your family safe all summer long. We’re also going to be talking about a couple of great places around Woodstock, GA where you and your whole family can swim!
5 Pool Safety Tips-
1. Swim lessons! Swim lessons are a great way to keep your kids safe at the pool. A child who knows how to swim is at a significantly lower risk of drowning than a child who can’t swim. You can start swim lessons with babies as young as 6 months!
2. Supervise, supervise, supervise! Always make sure there is at least one set of responsible eyes on your kids when they are in or near a pool! While one set of eyes is a must, two sets are even better! You can never have enough supervision when it comes to pool time.
3. Know CPR! This is a life-saving tip that everyone should know! Check with your local county rec center, fire department, or Red Cross chapter to find a CPR class.
4. Create pool time rituals. If you create a process your child has to go through before entering the pool (swim diaper, swimsuit, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, life vest, etc.) it can hinder them from making impulse decisions and jumping into the pool on a whim.
5. Forget the goggles. This may seem counter-intuitive, but teaching your kids (and yourself!) to be comfortable looking around underwater can be crucial. If your child is comfortable opening his or her eyes under water, it will help them feel less disoriented if they do accidentally fall into the water.
Places To Swim-
The Cherokee County Aquatic Center is a great place to have fun with the whole family! They’ve got state of the art indoor pools where trained instructors offer lessons to kids and adults of all ages. You can even join a swim team there! They’ve also got a great outdoor pool area with a lazy river, tons of slides, and other water activities.
Chattahoochee Gold Swim is another great swim facility located in Woodstock, GA that provides lessons for all ages. You can even host a birthday party here!
Expert HVAC Tips
Following our pool safety tips can help ensure that you and your family have a safe, fun-filled summer at the pool this year. Don’t let high air conditioning bills or HVAC maintenance get you down this summer. Contact Custom Klimates for to request a service call or to learn more about our indoor climate solutions or Cor’ Home Automation. We offer the recommendations, services, and products you need to better protect your comfort, budget, and the air quality in your home. With over forty years of proven experience across Canton, Woodstock, Cartersville & Alpharetta, GA, the HVAC technicians at Custom Klimates are your trusted source for quality heating and Air Conditioning solutions. Call today!