Georgia Heat Relief
It’s July in Georgia and that can only mean one thing- scorching hot temperatures! This year its been extra humid, and combined with the Georgia heat, going outside can be pretty brutal this time of year. The one place it shouldn’t be hot is inside your home! Your home should be cool and comfortable all summer long, but have you noticed that its hot even inside your home? Are you failing to find relief from the heat even inside your home? We are your local choice for Georgia heat relief.
Here are the top 5 reasons why your home may be hot – Georgia Heat Relief
1. Losing cool air- Do you notice that as soon as your AC stops running, your home is immediately hot again? You may be dealing with a draft that could be causing you to lose up to 50% of your home’s cool air. You can lose cool air through gaps around your doors, windows, and wall vents. Fixing these problem areas can lower your energy bills and keep you more comfortable.
2. Windows- Windows can let a lot of heat into your home during the summer, even if you’ve got curtains and blinds. Because glass is a great heat conductor, your windows can be radiating heat into your home all summer long. This can be especially problematic if you have lots of windows that face East or West, causing you to catch rays from the rising and setting sun. Having your windows reglazed can help reduce the amount of heat that comes through them.
3. Roof- The heat inside your home could also be a result of your hot roof. As your roof heats up from the sun during the day, the heat is pushed down through the ceiling and into your home. Unfortunately, your roof and ceiling store this heat, causing your home to remain hot even overnight. Having extra ceiling insulation installed or installing attic fans if you’ve got an attic can help remedy this problem.
Other Ways to Cool Off
4. Heat from below- If your home is built on stilts (this is common in some of the more mountainous areas in north Georgia), you could be catching extra heat in your home that rises up from the ground during the day. This is another problem that can be remedied by adding extra insulation to your home!
5. Walls- One of the main culprits causing your home to be hot is your walls! This can be particularly problematic if your home catches full sunlight during the day. Unfortunately, your home’s outer walls store heat (just like the roof!). This heat is continuously pushed into your home, even overnight. Having extra insulation professionally added to your walls can help reduce the amount of heat conducted into your home from the walls.
Expert HVAC Services
Contact Custom Klimates for to request a service call or to learn more about our indoor climate solutions; or Cor’ Home Automation. We offer the recommendations, services, and also the products you need. We will help to better protect your comfort, budget, and the air quality in your home. With over forty years of proven experience in Canton, Woodstock, Cartersville & Alpharetta, GA, the HVAC technicians at Custom Klimates are your trusted source for quality heating and Air Conditioning solutions.