Although many school systems around us are already headed back to school, summer is far from over! Even with the kids back in school, there’s still plenty of time to enjoy the summer after school and on the weekends. We are your local AC system installation experts and also care about your comfort.
AC System Installation Canton, GA
Young children and babies are particularly sensitive to heat, and while all kids should absolutely enjoy their summer, it is important to be aware of the heat and keep your kids safe and cool.
Here are some great ways to ensure your kids have a great summer while staying cool.
1. Limit outdoor time during the hottest part of the day. Generally, the hottest part of the day falls between 10am-4pm. Its ok to spend time outdoors during this time frame, but time should be limited.
2. Hydrate. Make sure your kids are drinking plenty of water. Sugary or caffeinated drinks can actually enhance dehydration, so make sure to stay away from those. Even if your kids say they aren’t thirsty, have them sip on water throughout the day, particularly if they are outside. There are some really fun, insulated water bottles you can buy to make drinking water more fun for kids.
3. Eat wisely. Preparing lighter foods that don’t require using the oven can benefit you and your family in multiple ways. Not turning on the oven and adding more heat to your home is a huge benefit of preparing lighter foods. Hot foods prepared in the oven can also raise internal body temperature. Preparing foods like fruit, vegetables, and salads is a great idea for summer.
4. Choose summer appropriate clothing. Loose, lightweight, lightly colored cotton clothing can help your kids stay cooler indoors and outdoors. You can also find clothing for kids that will help block UV rays. Hats with wide brims and sunglasses can also help keep your kids cool and protect them from harmful UV rays.
5. Spend time in the water! Kids love water activities, and these activities can help keep your kids cool outdoors. The pool or a splash park is always a great idea, but you can also simply turn on the hose or sprinkler at home. Even though your kids may feel cool in the water, it is still important to make sure they’re staying hydrated and using sunscreen.
Contact Custom Klimates for to request a service call or to learn more about our indoor climate solutions or Cor’ Home Automation. We offer the recommendations, services, and products you need to better protect your comfort, budget, and the air quality in your home. With over forty years of proven experience in Canton, Woodstock, Cartersville & Alpharetta, GA, the HVAC Contractorsat Custom Klimates are your trusted source for quality heating and Air Conditioning solutions.